Public Facilitation Centre (PFC) is a single window Electronic delivery system for public services, processed by the Office of the Deputy Commissioner, East Khasi Hills District, Shillong.
The application at the PFC is integrated with the e-Services hosted at DC’s Office. The main objective is to facilitate the general Public in availing different Certificates, permission etc. provided by the District Administration. At present there is no fee charge from the applicants.
The main objectives are as follows:-
- To ensure that general public are facilitated in availing the certificates hassle-free, without searching for staff or branches dealing with the subject matter
- To make the processing more systematic, thereby ensuring faster delivery of services and improve efficiency.
- To enhance transparency, Accountability and ease of Administration
- To improve citizen interface, where a fixed time frame is maintained to deliver the Certificates or permission.
- Reduction of Service delivery time to a minimum.
- To create a transparent & citizen friendly environment
- To increase efficiency of operation and centralization of database.
Currently, with the limited number of staff at the Public Facilitation Centre (PFC) the following Services are offered
- Caste Certificate
- Permanent Residence Certificate
- Armed Paramilitary Forces Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Residential Certificate
- Permission to hold Special Events
- Senior Citizen Certificate
- Non Encumbrance Certificate
- Registration of Societies
Process Flow :
- An Applicant submits the Form duly filled in correctly, along with Supporting Documents.
- A Receipt containing Acknowledgement ID is issued to the applicant.
- The Form & supporting documents are scrutinized by the Receipt Assistant.
- SMS is triggered to the applicants informing the status of the application.