Election Branch is one of the Administrative organizations in the administrative Set up of the D.C’s Office. The functioning of the Branch is more of a regulatory, and statutorily body. It functions under the superintendence, directions and control of the Deputy Commissioner (Election)/District Election Officer.
Election Branch functions & role.
- Preparation of Electoral Rolls.
- The Conduct of Elections, which are primarily the duties and functions of Election Branch.
- Implementation of Electors Photo Identity Card Scheme.
Conducting free and fair Elections and error free Electoral Rolls continues to remain the primary and priority areas of the Branch.
Public are periodically informed of the programmes of the revision of Electoral Rolls through press release, advertisements with which the public are called upon to
- Claim for the inclusion of a name in the roll and
- Object to an entry therein, which is subject to eligibility as laid down in the Law
- Correction of particulars