Application form is available at the Registration Branch, DC Office. It can also be downloaded here Marriage Certificate Application Form (PDF, 462 KB) . Duly filled in form is to be submitted with the following supporting documents as per the Guidelines and Rules & Regulations for Registration under the Special Marriage Act 1954
- The application for the Registration should be submitted 30 days before the intended marriage date for the couple (married/unmarried).
- During the time of marriage minimum of 3 witnesses should be present.
Documents to be submitted:-
- Birth Certificate should be submitted for the age proof.
- Residential proof of the individuals.
- Marital Status, in case of married couple (marriage certificate, wedding pictures etc). In case of unmarried couple (Marital status certificate).
- For Foreigner,
- Spinster/Bachelor Certificate for Unmarried.
- For Divorcee, Divorce decree.
- 2 numbers of recent passport size photos.
Office of The Deputy Commissioner, East Khasi Hills District, Shillong
Location : DC Office | City : Shillong | PIN Code : 793001