N.I.C, East Khasi Hills District
National Informatics Centre is a premier ICT organization of the Government of India, established in 1976 , for providing e-government/ e-governance solutions adopting best practices, integrated services and global solutions in Government sector. N.I.C is under Ministry of Information and Communication Technology
N.I.C is set up in each district headquarter with the Office located in the Office of the Deputy Commissioner to extend ICT at the district level. Each District N.I.C Office is under the State N.I.C Office. Since inception, N.I.C East Khasi Hills has been actively involved in different ICT endeavour.
N.I.C is extending support in implementation of MIS for different Central Government Schemes at the district level and the Block Level. Applications on Payroll, M.L.A. Schemes, Ration Card Management System, Registration of land Documents are implemented in DC’s office. Public Facilitation Centre (PFC) which is integrated with E-Services is catering to the services for issuing different Certificates.
- NICNet (NICNetwork) is the network backbone of N.I.C which connects the N.I.C headquarters, all the State Units and the District Units. The district unit is connected with a 34 MBPS Leased Line. In DC’s Office a structured LAN is established in all the rooms except few which are yet to be covered. Connectivity is available 24x7 for all the users in DC’s Office building.
- Video Conferencing Studio : N.I.C at the District Office are equipped with Video Conferencing set up via a 34 MBPS Leased Line. The district Administration is using the facility for various video conferencing meeting.
The following are the Applications implemented in DC’s Office
N.I.C East Khasi Hills District is involved in automation of different areas of working in the Office of the Deputy Commissioner, Shillong. E-Services which includes Issuing of Certificates / Permission to genuine applicants is available both in Online & Offline mode. Services for the following is currently functional
- Caste Certificate
- Permanent Residential Certificate
- Armed Para Military Forces Certificate
- Residential Certificate
- Senior Citizen Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Permission to hold special Events
Public Facilitation Centre which is integrated with E-Services application is also functioning as single window delivery system in the Office.
Registration of Land Documents:
Land Registration computerization had been implemented on live mode with effect from May 2010, and data entry of backlog data was completed. The System has been designed to provide user friendly interface. The documents that fall under the purview of the Registration Act 1908 can be divided into two categories:
- Compulsory registration documents.
- Optional registration documents.
Following is the list of documents or deeds that falls under the Compulsory Registration category and which are governed under this Land Registration software:
- Sale Deed
- Gift Deed
- Declaration Deed
- Trust Deed
- Lease Deed
- Rent Agreement
- General Power of Attorney
- Special Power of Attorney
- Mortgage Deed
- Hypothecation Deed
- Adoption Deed
- Partnership Deed
- Agreement of Sale.
And Optional Registration documents are those in which registration is not necessary. They are:
- Instruments other than gifts and wills which relate to immovable property of value less than Rs. 100
- Leases of immovable property for a term less than 1 year
- Instruments other than will which relate to movable properties
Public Distribution Systems (P.D.S.)
At present, Ration Card Management system is implemented in the district partially. The details of the Household of all the APL card holder in Urban Area are captured in the customized TETRAPDS. application, in order to print the Ration Card.
As per Honorable Supreme Court directive to adopt a single unified information system on End to end computerization of P.D.S. systems, efforts have been made to streamline the strategy. The whole process is broadly classified into two Components.
- Automation of P.D.S. Supply Chain
- Digitization of beneficiary database.
In order to ensure timely implementation of the Project, various masters like Stakeholder Master, Office Master, F.P.S. Master, Depot Master, Card Type master, caste category master etc. were digitised using the centralised software hosted in Delhi. Detail Mapping of each F.P.S. dealers to a specific Wholesaler along with the Ration Card count was completed.
District Selection Committee (D.S.C)
In order to streamline the process of conducting several public examination by the District Selection Committee under the chairmanship of the Deputy Commissioner, an application already implemented at Meghalaya Public Service Commission (MPSC) is used. Currently, Offline entry of application already received by the Office of DSC are processed. It is expected that in the next advertisement both Online and Offline application will be accepted to speed up the whole examination process.
Computerisation M.L.A. & M.P. Schemes
All the M.L.A. Schemes within the district are compiled using SMIS application. Different works/ projects under the following categories of schemes are compiled year wise
Release Order is generated using the application. The list of schemes are displayed in the web site.
Pay Roll Computerisation
Pay Roll automation is used for Pay processing in almost all the branches in DC’s Office.
National Social Assistance Programme (NSAP) Scheme
Regular assistance is provided to the Block Development Office in implementing the MIS on National Social Assistance Programme (NSAP). Necessary trainings are imparted to the Block staff dealing with operations of Legacy and fresh Data on IGNOAPS, IGNDPS & IGNWPS.