Functions of the Development Branch
Development Branch is one the Administrative Organisation in the administrative set up of the Deputy Commissioner’s Office. The formatting of the Branch is most of regulatory, and statutorily it functions under the superintendence, direction and district of the Deputy Commissioner (Development) East Khasi Hills District.
The Development Branch has notified the following as Public Authorities under its Administrative Control, namely.
(a) The Department of Development Branch
(b) Deputy Commissioner (Dev)
Schemes/Plans/Projects sanctioned by the Central/State Govt. for the development of various aspects of the developmental works at the State level and at the Block level both for the urban and rural people.
Particulars of Organizations, Functions and Duties
Organization: The subject matter dealt with by the Branch is received first as dak from the receipt section where it arrives at the desk of the Supervisor Assistant. The Supervisor Assistant then distributes the correspondence to the concerned Dealing Assistant who put it up in the file and route the file to the next higher Dealing Assistant. The Dealing Assistant then puts up the file based on the weightage of the correspondence either to the Additional Deputy Commissioner only or right up to the Deputy Commissioner level through the Extra Assistant Commissioner i/c of the Branch.
- The Branch sees to the paper work, reports and progress for implementing all schemes such as Member of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme, Swajaldhara, Total Sanitation Campaign, Construction of Rural Roads Programme, Special Rural Roads Programme, Intensive Arts and Culture Development Programme, Intensive Sports and Youth Development Traditional Folk Song, Development Traditional and Folk Music, National Old Age Pension, National Family Benefit Scheme, Krishi Shramik Smajik Suraksha Yojana, Swarajoyanti Gram Swaragan Yojana, Mid-day Meal, General Community Development Scheme, Chief Minister Special Rural Fund are dealt by Development Branch where the fund received directly Govt. of India/State Govt.
- The Branch deals with intimating the beneficiaries to complete the formalities required for scheme recommended by the Member of Parliament’s both Lok Sabha/Rajya Sabha and the Member of Legislative Assembly.
- The Branch checks that on fulfillment of all required formalities required then issues sanction to the Project Director, DRDA/Chief Executive Officer, Shillong Municipal Board/ Block Development Officers.
Fee structure for getting information is as prescribed by the State Govt.
Formulation of Policy – Implementing of the schemes are strictly carried out on the recommendation of the M.P’s, M.L.A’s and B.D.O’s and Implementing as per guidelines of Govt. of India/State Government.
Rules, Regulation Instructions Manual and Records hold by it or under its control or use by the employees for discharging of its functions.
1) M.P Schemes Lok Sabha/Rajya Sabha
2) Special Rural Works Programme
3) Construction of Rural Roads Programme
4) Intensive Arts and Culture Development Programme
5) Intensive Sports and Youth Development of Traditional of Folk Song.
6) Krishi Shramik Samajik Suraksha Yojana
7) Swarajoyanti Gram Swaragan Yojana
8) National Old Age Pension Scheme
9) National Family Benefit Scheme
10) Mid-day Meal
12) Total Sanitation Campaign
13) General Community Development Scheme
14) Chief Minister Special Rural Fund
15) Development Traditional and Folk Music.
Financial Power are as per
1) Meghalaya Financial Rules 1984
2) The Delegation of Financial Power Rules 1981
3) The Meghalaya Travelling Allowance Rules 1981